At the start of the year, my original plan for 2021 was to set myself the challenge to release a new track every week for 2021. So, that was the original plan anyway!
As time went on, the opportunity arose to compose music for a couple of short films; something I have always wanted to do. This meant diverting my time to learn how to do this properly rather than just being thrown into the deep end. Unfortunately, the two films have been delayed until 2022, no thanks to the lockdowns, restrictions, and current situation. We are all hoping these can go ahead next year.
Apart from that, I still managed to find time to write a lot of new music including:
- 31 singles released in 2021 (all with music videos)
- 2 more tracks are finished and waiting for artwork (to be relased in 2022)
- 9 trailers re-scored (for my own practice)
- Re-scored a short film as part of the Think Space – How to Score Films course (highly recommended)
- Entered two scoring competitions – Spitfire Audio DC Stargirl and Spitfire Audio Hans Zimmer Month
- Two short 30 second clips scored as part of Composer Magazines #composer campaign
- Re-scored a promo video using a single sample library Spitfire Audio Albion Solstice
In addition, I’ve had over 71,000 plays on the USA streaming service Pandora. My track Magic has over 1600+ streams on Spotify, my music has been played in 71 countries, and I even had a couple of tracks played on the radio.
I’m humbled and incredibly grateful for everyone that has supported me, listened to and played my music, and for all the positive encouragement over the last year. Thank you.
So as we end 2021, I wish you all well and Happy New Year for 2022!